Greetings to all friends of All Saints of North America Orthodox Youth Camp!
It’s just over a month to Camp!!!
We have nearly 60 campers in place and close to a full staff! We still need a few more leaders in specific places, primarily male counselors. Aside from campers and staff we also need ‘a village’ to raise this camp.
We have decided to break down a few of the needs for this year’s camp and invite people to take on a project that is both meaningful and affordable. Unfortunately, donations to camp are not tax deductible, as we are not a legal charity, but that said it is a great cause! This year’s theme is ‘It is Not About Stuff,’ our goal is to Glorify God and give the kids who come a week to remember. Here is what we need to make 2018 a fantastic summer!
It’s about the Kids!
- Sponsor a camper (camp is expensive, and every year some kids can’t come due to finances)
- This donation will be an anonymous, in that the donor will not know who gets their sponsorship, and the camper will not know who gave it.
- 50% of camp costs at $185 / 25 % of camp costs at $95
Some stuff, although not the most important, helps camp work
- Camp service books (costs of printing new books, the previous ones were destroyed by mold in storage)
- $600 (permanently bound, reusable year after year)
- Camper prayer books (for campers to take home)
- $200 (simple photocopy and bound with staples)
- RubberMaid storage containers (we can store some stuff at camp, but it needs to be weatherproof)
- 1st Aid Supplies
- Chapel Lights (patio lights or white Christmas lights)
Donations of Time and Skill
- Curtains (the 12 cabins each have two windows, but no curtains, these would be permanently installed at the camp as a thank you to the camp for letting have camp at the facility)
- Back window Dimensions 3’ X 2’, Door window 2’ X 3’
- Curtain rod will be approx ½ inch (if willing to sew, please email us first to confirm details)
- Curtain rods
- Any design, wood, metal, just need to be durable and match a simple wood interior (nothing fancy please)
- Also magnetic rods to support the door windows without needing to drill
Random Stuff you may already have
- White Christmas Lights (or any string lights)
- Icons of any Saints of North America
If you are able to help with any of these things, or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com